100% Hygienic Waste Disposal System For Hospitals And Care Homes
Infection control specialist DDC Dolphin has launched an advanced and inexpensive new waste disposal system to help keep hospitals and care homes hygienic and odour-free.
The Vacumatic system enables clinicians and carers to dispose of medical pulp bedpans and other waste quickly, safely and discreetly – protecting patients and ensuring their dignity.
Advanced Vacumatic seals infectious waste hermetically without the risks associated with normal yellow bags.
It sucks the air out of waste bags and passes it through high-quality medical filters that stop viruses, bacteria and odours from escaping. The process works in four simple steps:
- Step 1 – the carer places the used incontinence product, bedpan, face mask, apron or gloves in an air-tight Vacumatic bag held securely in a mobile trolley. The carer opens the bag each time using a foot pedal. When the foot pedal is released, the bag closes – preventing any bad odours from escaping.
- Step 2 – before moving on to the next patient or resident, the carer then removes the gloves they’ve been wearing, places them in the bag, then disinfects their hands using sanitiser gel from a dispenser mounted on the trolley.
- Step 3 – when the bag is full, the carer removes it from the trolley and places the sealed opening of the waste bag in the top of the main mobile Vacumatic unit. Its hinged lid opens hands-free.
- Step 4 – the hinged lid closes automatically on the top of the bag. Vacumatic sucks all the air out of the bag. This air is passed through:
- an active carbon filter to eliminate odours
- a certified bacteria filter that removes all particles larger than two microns (this includes viruses).
This quick and easy process sterilises the air and condenses the waste into tightly sealed packages for safe and easy disposal. Benefits include:
- less risk of infection, no more bad smells from exposed waste
- reduced clinician workload – enabling more time for quality, hands-on care
- improved efficiency of available resources, including staff
- vacuum-packed bags reduce waste volume – cutting the cost of collection and disposal.
DDC Dolphin Marketing and Product Innovation Director Zoe Allen said: “Vacumatic is an advanced but inexpensive system that’s simple to use.
“It can be deployed on a small or large scale to help improve infection control, meet CQC requirements – and make an excellent impression on patients, residents, staff and visitors.”
Poole-based manufacturer DDC Dolphin is a world leader in the provision of advanced infection control equipment. It exports machines and consumables across the world.
The company manufactures and supplies medical pulp macerators, incontinence product macerators, bedpan washer disinfectors, UV air purifiers, stainless steel furniture, sluice room consumables and an antimicrobial coating that protects surfaces for up to six months each time.
DDC Dolphin is one of only three companies in the world specialising in the manufacture of medical pulp macerators. The machines’ hands-free technology makes it safer to dispose of human waste.