Due to the Coronavirus, we are now working from home, if you need to contact us urgently please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health and Dementia Facilities Forum 2019
Taking place on 14-15 November at Whittlebury Park, Northampton, the Mental Health & Dementia Facilities Forum is the ideal platform to hear from experts, explore suppliers, network with your fellow healthcare professionals. It has been specifically developed to help you to fund, deliver and manage the estates and facilities in this vital and diverse sector.
The provision of mental health and dementia facilities is set to undergo one of the biggest transformations in recent history with the Government’s pledge to invest £3.9bn to accelerate the NHS estate. This injection of funds will result in around 2 million more people who suffer from anxiety, depression or other problems receiving much-needed help.
Building the right facilities is essential to help in the treatment and wellbeing of the many challenges that dementia, mental health, and other related medical conditions provide.
“Why design matters – getting it right both inside and out” is the theme for this year’s seminars and we will hear from the following speakers as they share best practice:
• Matthew Balaam, Partner, Oxford Architects – Broadmoor Hospital’s redevelopment
• Dr Anke Jakob, Research Fellow, Design School, Kingston University – Research findings on positive impact of multi-sensory environments
• Phil Ross, Director, DIMHN – Better product decisions for those designing and building mental health facilities
• Katharine Lazenby, Mental Health Trainer, Peabody Housing Association – Healing environments: a service user perspective on the factors that truly support recovery
• Jeremy Parker, Director, Fira Landscapes – The value of the external environment towards good mental health
• Andrew Kingston, Recovery Service Manager, Camden & Islington NHS FT – Landscapes for dementia
The format is one-and-a-half days packed with seminars, tailored one to one business meetings, networking and an extensive social programme.
A format that has proven to create communities that share knowledge, extend networks and do business better.
Feedback Quotes from past delegates:
Would certainly recommend attending this amazing event – thoroughly enjoyable and excellent networking opportunities. Will be attending next year. Northwest Boroughs Healthcare NHS FT
A well organised and informative event. The venue was ideal, the meetings were very high quality and excellent speakers’ sessions. I cam back with many good products and an excellent network Hamad Medical Corporation, Qatar
Excellent networking opportunities and a great forum to learn about the latest innovation and leading-edge products available in the ever-changing health sector. Our industry is all about people and mhdf is all about people. Summers Inman
See mhdf-forum.co.uk for more information.