Thanks to Jessica Kingsley Publishers we have four books to give away as part of a dementia books package, worth the total of over £75.
The titles you could win in this dementia books package are:
Reducing the Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias by Jackie Pool (14.99)
A practical guide for people with dementia, their families and carers on reducing the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. Applying a 'rementia' based approach to dementia care, the author shows how therapeutic cognitive rehabilitation techniques can be used to reduce symptoms of dementia and ultimately improve quality of life for people living with dementia.
Dementia, Sex and Wellbeing by Danuta Lipinska (£16.99)
Tackling the 'last taboo' in dementia care, this book demonstrates how professionals can support the sexuality of people with dementia. It includes advice on safeguarding and accessible explanations of how cognitive changes affect sexual behaviour and expression.
CLEAR Dementia Care by Dr Frances Duffy (£24.99)
The CLEAR Dementia Care© model is an effective method of assessing behaviour that challenges, through an understanding that such behaviour may be a way of communicating unmet needs. This book explains the many factors that contribute to challenging behaviour and how a greater understanding of this can enhance quality of life and lead to better care for the person with dementia in both hospital and residential settings.
Practical Nutrition and Hydration for Dementia-Friendly Mealtimes by Lee Martin (£18.99)
This research-informed book explains how to make the most of mealtimes for increased nutritional intake, socialising, and food enjoyment, in a range of care settings. It covers topics such as the physical act of eating and drinking, creating a comfortable and friendly dining environment, using appropriate tableware, and dealing with common issues such as problems with swallowing and choking.
To be in with a chance of winning this dementia books package, worth over £75, click on the Rafflecopter link below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*The administrator of this competition is the Care and Nursing Essentials Magazine ("administrator"). By participating in the competition, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The administrator is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the competition. Entrants should look solely to Administrator with any questions, comments or problems related to the Competition. The administrator may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
* This giveaway will close at 12.00am, 12th August 2019.
* The prize is a dementia books package worth over over £75!. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable. There is no cash alternative.
* Open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Administrator, the sponsor, their families and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
* There is one compulsory entry which requests that to enter the competition you answer a question based on the dementia books package. Additional entries are available.
* The prize winner will be asked to provide their email address so that contact can be made to arrange prize delivery, and their name and county be published in the next issue of the magazine
* By entering the competition, you grant the Administrator permission to add your details to the mailing list, share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other competition Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
* Entries will only be accepted as instructed and any entrant that does not complete the qualifying requirements will be disqualified
* The winners will be chosen using the random entry selector built into the widget.
* The winners will be informed by email within 5 days of the closing date, and must respond within 5 days to claim their prize. If there is no response within the 5 days and new winner will be drawn at random.
*This prize draw is governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.